The live presentation will take place on May 3, 2019, 12:00-1:00pm ET.
Advance registration is encouraged. Registrants will receive an event reminder by email one day prior to the webinar.
This webinar will provide participants an opportunity to learn more about the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), the national's largest grassroots mental health organization. NAMI is an association of hundreds of local affiliates, state organizations, and volunteers who work in communities across the United States to provide education and support to people affected by mental illness--the individual with the condition and the people who care about them. The services offered by NAMI are intended to complement the therapeutic services individuals receive from their treatment team. This webinar will provide an overview of the programs and services available through NAMI that can provide support to individuals and families as they cope with having mental illness in their life, and as they navigate the healthcare system to find the right services. It's important for clinicians to know about all available resources so appropriate recommendations can be made to the individuals on their caseloads.
FREE - $0
Funding for this initiative was made possible (in part) by Grant No. 1H79SM080818-01 from SAMHSA. The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
- Summarize the mission of NAMI
- Identify the different types of programs and services available through NAMI.
- Describe how to find the NAMI organization in their community and make referrals.
Counselor, Nurse/Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Physician (non-psychiatrist), Physician Assistant, Psychologist, Social Worker, Peer Specialist/Peer Support
Introductory; Intermediate; Advanced
Estimated Time to Complete
Estimated Duration: 1.0 hours
Program Start Date: May 3, 2019
Program End Date: May 3, 2019
How to Earn Credit
Participants who wish to earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™, ANCC contact hours, or a certificate of participation may do so by attending the live presentation and completing the evaluation. After evaluating the program, course participants will be provided with an opportunity to claim hours of participation and print an official CME certificate (physicians), CNE certificate (nursing), or certificate of participation (non-physicians) showing the event date and hours earned.
Continuing Education Credit
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The APA designates this live event for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Psychiatric Nurses Association is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Faculty and Planner Disclosures
- Teri Brister, PhD, LPC, National Alliance on Mental Illness. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Tristan Gorrindo, MD, American Psychiatric Association. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Donna Rolin, PhD, APRN. University of Texas at Austin. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
Accessibility for Participants with Disabilities
The American Psychiatric Association is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website to people with disabilities. Please contact the American Psychiatric Association at 202-559-3900, if you require assistance seven (7) days prior to the start of a live webinar.
We recommend that prior to the webinar, you check system requirements to ensure your device is compatible and rule out connectivity issuess.
Optimal System Configuration
- Flash Player: Adobe Flash Player 10.3+
- Browser: Firefox (latest version), Internet Explorer 8.0+, Safari 7.0+, Microsoft Edge (latest version) or Google Chrome (latest version)
- Operating System: Windows XP+ or Mac OS X 10.4+
- Internet Connection: 1 Mbps or higher
- Windows PC: 500-MHz Pentium II; Windows XP or higher; 128 MB RAM; Video Card at least 64MB of video memory; Macromedia Flash Player 10.3 or higher; Sound Card at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
- Macintosh:Mac OS X 10.4+ or higher with latest updates installed; 1.83MHz Intel Core Duo or faster; RAM: 128MB or more; Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory; Sound Card: at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
For assistance: Contact email@example.com for questions about this course | Contact SMIAdviserHelp@psych.org for technical assistance