Registration is now closed. Maximum capacity for this course has been reached.
This 12-week learning collaborative is intended to help you develop a step-by-step plan for bringing peer support into an existing behavioral health agency or practice, in a manner that enhances services.
The facilitated 12-week syllabus will be held from December 2, 2019 to March 1, 2020.
FREE - $0
Funding for this initiative was made possible (in part) by Grant No. 1H79SM080818-01 from SAMHSA. The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
- Determine how peer support can best be used in your organization or practice
- Describe how to prepare your organization for the advent of peer support
- Write a job description for hiring a peer specialist
- Develop or adapt a supervision model that is effective for peer support
- Summarize an effective onboarding process for peer specialists
Psychiatrist, Physician (non-psychiatrist), Nurse/Nurse Practitioner, Social Worker, Peer Specialist
Estimated Time to Complete
Estimated Duration: 12 weeks; 12 hours
Program Begin Date: December 2, 2019
Program End Date: March 1, 2020
Credit Claim End Date: April 1, 2020
Note: This course has a 12-week syllabus. Credit must be claimed within 30 days of the end of the last session.
How to Earn Credit
Participants who wish to earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™ or a certificate of participation may do so by completing all sections of the course including the evaluation. After evaluating the program, course participants will be provided with an opportunity to claim hours of participation and print an official CME certificate (physicians) or certificate of participation (non-physicians) showing the date of completion and hours earned.
Continuing Education Credit
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The APA designates this enduring CME activity for a maximum of 12.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty and Planner Disclosures
Instructor and Planner
- Patrick Hendry. Mental Health America. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Tristan Gorrindo, MD, American Psychiatric Association. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Teri Brister, PHD, LPC, National Alliance for Mental Illness. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
Accessibility for Participants with Disabilities
The American Psychiatric Association is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website to people with disabilities. If you have trouble accessing any of APA’s online resources, please contact us at 202-559-3900 for assistance.
For technical assistance related to this course, please contact SMIadviserhelp@psych.org.